How to View Saved Password in Chrome: In the world where we have to keep track of so many passwords for different sites and services, remembering all of them is no simple task. Having one password for everything should never be the solution to this problem, though. This is where built-in password management systems come into the picture.
How to Manage and View Saved Passwords in Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers, and the password manager in Google Chrome is relatively simple to use. Let’s explore what you can use it for, and how to do so as well.
Method: Enable Password Save feature in Google Chrome
The Google Chrome will keep your credentials only if you have enabled the specific settings. To enable it,
1. Right-click on the user icon at the top right of the Google Chrome window, then click on Passwords.
2. On the page that opens, make sure that the option labeled Offer to save passwords is Enabled.
3. You can also use Google Sync to remember passwords so that they can be accessed from other devices.
How to Change Chrome Default Download Folder Location
Method 2: View Saved Passwords
enabled the sync feature in Google Chrome.
1. Right-click on the user icon at the top right of the Google Chrome window. In the menu that opens, click on Passwords.
2. Click on the eye symbol near the Password you wish to view.
3. You will be prompted to enter the Windows 10 login credentials to ensure that it is you trying to read the passwords.
4. Once you enter the PIN or Password, you will be able to view the desired password.
The ability to see saved passwords is of importance because it is difficult to remember the login credentials for sites that you do not use often. Hence, knowing that you can view your username and password later if you opt-in to save it in the first place, is a nice to have feature.
Method 3: Opt-out of saving passwords for a particular website
If you don’t want Google Chrome to remember your username and password for a specific site, you can choose to do so.
1. When using the login page for the first time for the website you do not wish to save the password for, login as usual. Fill in your username and password in the login form.
2.When you get a popup of Google Chrome asking you if you want to save the password for the new site, click on the Never button at the bottom right of the popup box.
Reveal Hidden Passwords behind asterisk without any software
Method 4: Delete a Saved Password
You can delete a saved password in Google Chrome if you don’t use a particular site anymore or if it has become obsolete.
1. To delete a few particular passwords, open the password manager page by right-clicking on the user symbol on the top right of the Chrome window and then click on Passwords.
2. Click on the three-dots icon at the end of the line against the password you want to delete. Click on remove. You might be asked to enter the credentials for Windows login.
3. To delete all the saved passwords in Google Chrome, click on the Menu button located at the top right of the Chrome window then click on Settings.
4. Click on Advanced in the left navigation pane, and then click on Privacy & Security in the expanded menu. Next, click on Clear browsing data in the right pane.
5. In the dialog box that opens, go to the Advanced tab. Select Passwords and other sign-in data to delete the saved passwords. Click on Clear data to remove all the saved passwords from the Google Chrome browser. Also, make sure that the time frame selected for removal is All-time if you wish to delete all the passwords.
Method 5: Export Saved Passwords
.csv file too. To do so,
1. Open the passwords page by right-clicking on the user symbol on the top right of the Chrome window and then click on Passwords.
2. Against the Saved Passwords label at the beginning of the list, click on the three vertical dots then click on Export passwords.
3. A warning pop-up would come up informing you that the passwords will be visible to anyone who will have access to the exported file. Click on Export.
4. You will be then prompted to enter your Windows credentials. After that, choose a location where you wish to save the file and be done with it!
How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome
Method 6: Remove a Website from ‘Never save’ list
If you want to remove a site from the list of Never save passwords from, you can do that like this:
1. Open the password manager page by right-clicking on the user symbol on the top right of the Chrome window and then click on Passwords.
2. Scroll down the passwords list until you see the website you wish to remove in the Never Save list. Click on Cross Sign (X) against it to remove a website from the list.
There you have it! With the help of this article, you can manage your passwords, view saved passwords, export them, or allow Google Chrome to fill them up or save them automatically. Using the same password for every account is a significant risk and remembering all the passwords is a more difficult task. But if you use Google Chrome and utilize the built-in password manager, your life will be a whole lot easier.