If your Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10 in order to connect then you’re in trouble. Don’t worry you can easily fix this issue by following the below-listed methods.
another controller made for PC , especially when you already own an Xbox.
Fix Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10
Here is a step-by-step approach for correctly configuring the Xbox One controller with Windows 10 PC.
# Step 1
First of all, you need to disconnect the Xbox controller and uninstall its drivers completely. To do so,
1. Open the device manager using Windows Key + X and click on Device Manager from the menu.
2. Right-click on the Xbox controller listed there in the list of connected devices, and click on Uninstall Device.
3. Don’t connect the device yet, and reboot the Windows 10 PC.
# Step 2
Now, let’s update the firmware on the Xbox one controller.
1. Hold the Xbox button on your Xbox one controller to turn it off completely. Keep it off for a few minutes. You can also remove the battery from the controller and leave it for a few minutes.
2. Now Turn ON the Xbox one controller using the Xbox button.
3. Connect the Micro USB cable between the micro USB port of Xbox one controller and the Xbox USB port to update drivers.
4. To check for updates manually, open Settings on the Xbox one. Go to Kinect & Devices, and then to Devices & Accessories. Select your controller and update the drivers.
Again try to connect your controller and see if you’re able to fix Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10 issue.
1. For Wireless (Bluetooth) connection:
Make sure that the Windows 10 PC, as well as the Xbox one controller, have the latest updated firmware installed. Once you verify that,
1. Press the Xbox button on the Xbox one controller to connect to the PC.
2. On the Windows machine, click on the notification icon at the bottom right of the screen to open the Notification shade. Then Right-click on the Bluetooth icon and open the Bluetooth settings.
4. Enable Bluetooth and click on add device.
USB port of the controller while the Windows 10 searches for the controller.
6. Finish up the process as prompted, and the Xbox One controller will be good to go!
Fix Multimedia Audio Controller Driver Issue
2. For Wired connection:
1. Connect your Xbox one controller using a Micro USB cable to your computer.
2. The drivers or the firmware update for the Xbox one controller will automatically install. If they are not installed by default, go to the update center of the Windows 10 Settings application and download and install the pending updates. Reboot after installation and connect the controller again.
3. Press the Xbox button on the controller to start it up. Your controller will be ready to use, and you can play games now using the controller. If the light on the controller blinks or turns off, the controller might be low on power, and you will need to charge it first before you can use it.
3. For Wireless connection (Xbox one Adapter):
1. Connect the Xbox one adapter to the PC. If it is already installed or embedded inside the machine, turn it on.
2. Open the Bluetooth settings on the Windows 10 machine. To do so, right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the notification shade and click on Go to Settings.
3. Enable the Bluetooth. Press and hold the connect button on your Xbox one controller. The device should automatically be detected and installed by your Windows 10 system. If not, click on Add Device and continue to the next step.
4. Choose everything else from the list. Now the Windows 10 system will search for available devices to connect to. Choose the Xbox one controller once you see it detected. Again, if the Xbox one controller has its light blinking or turned off, charge it fully and turn it on and repeat this process. There would not be any PIN required to connect the Xbox one controller to the Windows 10 laptop or desktop.
10 Best Android Offline Multiplayer Games 2020
This wraps up our guide for installing and using the Xbox One controller on a Windows 10 PC without any requirement of a PIN. If there is any prompt for inputting PIN, start over and use other methods. A fix as simple as updating the firmware on the Xbox One controller or updating Windows 10 operating system can work, so be sure to try those as well.
If you are still having issues with pairing the Xbox One controller with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop, you can try changing the swapping the controller or the PC to see if the controller works on another PC or another controller works on the same PC. Once you find out the culprit, it will be easier to fix the issue.
Microsoft has put efforts in the right direction towards making the games that are available on the Xbox One to be open to playing on Windows PCs as well. PCs have an added benefit of easily upgradable hardware, and generally a higher computing power than the game consoles like the Xbox One. Even though it is less portable than gaming consoles, PC is preferred by many gamers occasionally and having the privilege of using the Xbox One controllers on their gaming PCs is a welcome functionality for sure.